CAPPA Certified Lactation Educator™ Trainings
Turn your passion into a career!
Ready to become more proficient when offering breastfeeding education? Take the first step towards becoming a Certified Lactation Educator™ with CAPPA. This three day, twenty-four-hour workshop meets the first requirement of your CLE® program and prepares you to work through the steps for certification. This course is designed to improve the skill base, knowledge and perspectives on breastfeeding for perinatal professionals. Additionally, this course supports both the Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative and Mother Friendly practices and provides training for those seeking certification as certified lactation educators™ with CAPPA.
Who should take this training?
- Birth and Postpartum Doulas
- Childbirth Educators
- Labor and Delivery, NICU and postpartum nurses
- Breastfeeding Peer Counselors
- La Leche League Leaders
- All who support parents during the childbearing year
Topics covered include:
- Goals/Roles of the Lactation Educator™
- Historical Look at Breastfeeding
- Anatomy of Breast and Lactation Physiology
- Importance of Breastfeeding/ Hazards of Formula Feeding
- Counseling the Postpartum Family
- Ten Steps to Successful Breastfeeding – BabyFriendly Information
- Working with the Hospital
- Maternal/Infant Challenges
- Pumping/Expressing Breastmilk
- Medications and Mother’s Milk
- Teaching To Adult Learners
- And much more!
Cost: $475 (Early Bird); $500 (Regular Registration)
Offering 21.25 L-CERPS and 24 CAPPA Contact Hours.
Registration opening soon for CAPPA Certified Lactation Educator™ Trainings:
June 21st-23rd Keene, NH
July 26th-28th Augusta, ME
September 27th-29th Burlington, VT
This course satisfies the following:
*The Core Competencies in Breastfeeding Care and Services for All Health Professionals as outlined by the United States Breastfeeding Committee (no endorsement by the USBC is implied). Ideal for labor and postpartum doulas, WIC staff, public health employees, and anyone looking to offer lactation education.
*The 20 Hour World Health Organization Curriculum to support the Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative. Ideal for hospital staff, pediatricians, obstetricians, midwives, and PAs specializing in maternity care.
*The CAPPA Lactation Educator™, CLE® or CAPPA Community Educator™, LE(C) certification steps for workshop attendance. Ideal for anyone wanting to become a Certified Lactation Educator™, CLE®.
For more information on the CLE certification process, please visit CAPPA’s CLE page